The annual NEGTA College Scholarship is offered by the Northeast Georgia Tennis Association, a USTA community tennis association. Two $1,000 scholarships will be presented to the top 2 candidates within the area served by NEGTA. Selection of the winners will be based upon the following criteria:
1. Sportsmanship & Character;
2. Activities, leadership and honors in high school or home school;
3. Tennis Accomplishments – High School and/or USTA;
4. Essay – Life Lesson/Lessons I Have Learned Playing Tennis;
5. Letters of Recommendation.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the scholarship:
1. Be a high school senior or home school senior who will attend an accredited college or university in the United States. The winner may attend the college or university of his/her choice. Participation in college or university tennis is not required;
2. Not be the recipient of any full scholarship;
3. Be a current member of USTA and have participated in organized tennis activities such as high school tennis, USTA leagues, or USTA tournaments for at least three years;
4. Must live and attend high school or be home schooled in the region served by NEGTA: Banks, Hall, Habersham, Stephens, White, Dawson and Lumpkin counties;
5. Submit this online application. Application package is not complete until essay, letters of recommendation and transcript are received. All of these are responsibility of applicant.
Questions? Contact Janice Johnson at 678-617-7691 or firstname.lastname@example.org